Gynecology is the practice of medicine as it pertains to the female systems (uterus, ovaries, vagina, vulva) and the breasts. The oldest known medical text is the Kahun Gynaecological Papyrus which was written in about 1800 B.C. Unlike other specialists, Gynecologists usually provides the Primary Care for women as well. Both of our Physicians studies General Practice or Family Practice and thus are more than qualified for the treatment of the entire female body. Gynecologists maintain their training through the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
We are the only practice in Gensee County with multiple specialist Gynecologists. Physicians who study Gynecology typically practice General Gynecology which deals with the full range of the female reproductive systems and breasts; however, some physicians continue their studies to become specialists after years of research and accreditation from multiple medical societies. When General Gynecologists encounter a problem they can't seem to solve or are unsure of the proper diagnosis they refer their patient to a specialists. Dr. Theodore Fellenbaum and Dr. Alexey Levashkevich were two of such specialists that found each other referring patients to one another before going into practice together to form Flint ObGyn.
At Flint ObGyn, Fenton ObGyn, Midwifery of Genesee, and Mid-Michigan Vulvar Care we provide a full suite of gynecology services.
Our providers regularly perform the following:
• Preventive care such as annual well-woman visits
• Evaluation and treatment of abnormal Pap Smears
• Sexually transmitted disease screening
• Flu, HPV, and other vaccinations
• Gynecological Ultrasounds
• Birth control (IUD placement, Depo-shot, Essure, Hysterectomies, etc…)
• Contraception counseling
• Infertility evaluation and management
• Abnormal uterine bleeding
• Ovarian cysts and masses
• Endometriosis and pelvic pain
• Uterine fibroids
• Screenings for breast cancer, cervical cancer, and hereditary cancer
• Treatment of menopausal symptoms
• Surgery, including Minimally Invasive Surgery