Alexey LevashkevichMD, FACOG, ASCCP
OB/GYN Specializing in Pelvic Reconstruction
Dr. Alexey Levashkevich is a Russian born Board Certified highly skilled surgeon renowned for his superior robotic and single port laparoscopic skills. He is a highly specialized state-of-the-art surgeon who has won awards for his laparoscopic skills. His publications and research are considered a must for any aspiring OB/GYN physician. One of his sub-specialties is pelvic reconstruction such as prolapse repair. In this office, Dr. Levashkevich is considered a highly compassionate and hilarious physician who puts his patients above all other concerns. In the Genesee area other surgeons rely on his expertise and guidance by frequently having him assist in their surgeries or perform them entirely.
Early in Dr. Levashkevich's career he was a Nurse Assistant at the Belarussian Research Institute of Trauma and Orthopedics. His experience at the research institute got him a job as a Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit in a clinical hospital. Before completing his rotation at the Perinatal Center for Pre-Term Deliveries, Dr. Levashkevich was a volunteer doctor and interpreter at that hospital for the “Children in Trouble” society. Most doctors only complete one residency but Dr. Levashkevich has done four, two in Russia for Internal Medicine and OB/GYN, and two in the United States at the Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center and at the Rochester General Hospital for OB/GYN.
Every morning Dr. Alexey Levashkevich swims a few miles before going to a hospital to check on his patients. When he's not spending time with his wife and two children he's often found practicing his surgery skills on a laparoscopic simulator. Dr. Levashkevich also enjoys traveling, listening to Russian radio, and snowboarding.
This procedure has been performed successfully in women desiring durable prolapse repair with a minimally invasive approach. Dr. Alexey Levashkevich is one of the only experienced surgeons in Genesee County to offer robotic surgery for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse in women, including the option of uterine-sparing surgery (which avoids the need for a hysterectomy). This option of uterine preservation has been especially appealing to many patients, since women are often offered only repairs that include hysterectomy at other surgical centers.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pelvic Reconstruction (including pelvic organ prolapse)
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Single Port Surgery
- Robotic Surgery using the Da Vinci Robot
Minsk State Medical Institute
- Medical Director of Internal Medicine
Perinatal Center for Pre-Term Deliveries
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- Resident of Obsetrics and Gynecology
- Perinatal award (2005)
- Laparoscopic award (2007)
- Full academic scholarship during the study at Minsk State Medical Institute (1990- 1996)
- Award of the student scientific society of the Minsk State Medical Institute (2004)
- Associate Professor at Michigan State University
- 2004-present time “Optimal Surgical Incision Closure on Cesarean Section” – ongoing project
- 09/1996-05/2000 Belarussian Research Institute of Maternity, Minsk Belarus “Role of STD in the pre-term delivery”
- 04/2000-05/2000 Karskrona/Ronneby University, Karskrona, Sweden “Chlamydia trachomatis infection and Infertility”
- 09/1990-06/1996 Student Scientific Society of Minsk Medical Institute Member of the biological and surgical student scientific societies
- 05/1991 “Biorhythms in the life of human”, Annual Conference proceedings of the student scientific society
- 05/2000 “Chlamydia trachomatis infection and Infertility” “Reproductive health Care”, Karlskrona/Ronneby University, Sweden